Friday 11 July 2014



Cuban Fury(2014)

Starring Taylor Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead), Ian McShane (Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides), Chris O'Dowd (Bridesmaids) and Rashida Jones (I Love You, Man) 

First Impressions Before Seeing Cuban Fury
I was incredibly excited, because it's a film with Nick Frost in whom I think is a brilliant actor. I looked at the cast there is Ian McShane whom always gives a wonderful performance. I knew it was something about salsa dancing and considering it was a comedy I thought it would be Nick Frost wanting to dance. I didn't really know this film was coming out, being at university for three years my film knowledge has lacked. But, am back and I went to see this and....brace yourself because I have something to say about this!



After the film

That was different. I mean the acting was abit bland, the storyline itself got a bit boring for me personally. I felt like it was just a watch able film. Something you could lay back on the sofa and just watch. Nothing really exciting and it actually hurts me saying this considering the cast in this movie I have seen done better in other movies. I would have to say that I wouldn't recommend this film to anyone. Ian McShane played an okay character. Personally, I felt that the whole 'salsa' dance and Nick Frost's character needed a huge push to get to the level of a watch able film. As well as, I felt that Rashida Jones's character definitely needed something else into the element. If you like you're simple movies, minimal dance, some comedy moments then go right ahead. I felt this wasn't really a comedy, I didn't really laugh in the film. It was more an awkward laugh like "oh should I really laugh at this?". Cuban Fury on IMDB rated it a 6.2 and am gonna be honest I think that's because of Nick Frost in a film without Simon Pegg. However, you do see Simon Pegg very briefly in the film for like a second. Plus, I did feel like the characters wasn't just plain but not realistic. I mean, come on you got Nick Frost once a brilliant salsa guy and now...yeah... and then you have Ian McShane's character who is his teacher and an alcoholic. But, then this slightly annoyed me Rashida Jone's character was suppose to be American fair enough but she played the dumb American slightly. But, Chris O' Dowd character fumed me a lot. It''s rated 15 and that's mainly because of his character being so crude and sex drive. I haven't mentioned any spoilers if you do some research like myself you know his character within the film. 




Could it be better?
YES YES YES, this could be so much better. The script really needed some thought it was just too basic I know people like those "oh I don't have to think" but I felt like this was spoon fed to me. I didn't find the comedy funny, and I should know am a clown and a stand up! It's just strange to see this film and I just didn't laugh. I just think it's because the script lacked something. I dunno maybe a third contender or random character like Nick Frost's mum in the film as Ian McShane dancer. I dunno. Needed some more comedy elements, more script to make it more out going and interesting. It was just to basic. The only thing that really made this film interesting was the ending I would have to say, and how they rounded up the characters. That's it. 

So, WHAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. 
If you want to just watch a film for being on, then this is for you. It was painful to see Nick Frost burn in this film and am not talking about the salsa dancing more of the lack of story. It wasn't very appealing, and honestly half way through I wish it just ended, and that guys and gals I rarely say. 
TIPS IF YOUR WATCHING THIS FILM?
If you just want to sit down in a cinema or at home and watch something because nothing is on then put Cuban Fury on. 
My Ranking
Well, IMDB users rated it a 6.2, I have to be harsh and say a 4 and that's only because of Nick Frost and Ian McShane are in this film. 



Here is the official trailer for Cuban Fury:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpiyFHf7GKU
Here is the IMDB page on Cuban Fury: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2390237/



No comments:

Post a Comment