Thursday 10 July 2014

What's The Bottom Line on Galaxy Quest


Galaxy Quest (1999)

Starring Tim Allen (Santa Clause and Home Improvement), Alan Rickman (Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone and Die Hard), Sigourney Weaver (Aliens and Avatar) Tony Shalhoub (Spy Kids and Monk) Sam Rockwell (Iron Man 2 and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) and Daryl Mitchell (10 Things I Hate About You and Inside Man)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film
From what I remember, because this came out in 99' I was about 7 at the time. I think this went straight to video here and I went to blockbusters or jumping jack flash and rented it out for like 2 pounds. It just looked awesome and at the time I watched a lot of Home Improvement with Tim Allen in. I have always been a Tim Allen fan so I thought this be awesome. 

During and After I Watched Galaxy Quest?
Does Star Trek know? Basically, it's a huge comedy about how these actors play a television show about being in space, fighting bad guys and generally saving the day. But, these aliens believe it to be real. And, that's where the fun begins! It's the a very cheesey, funny, very comical performances by all of the cast. It's I think serious twice in the whole film. Alan Rickman plays an amazing character in this. But, honestly if you do or don't like sci-fi's this film just takes the mick of it. But, makes it really funny and actually watch-able. I mean imagine, your acting out Captain Janeway or Captain Jack Sparrow and one day these aliens or pirates need your help and you think it's a joke, but it's real. I mean it's simple but I found it genius. 


Is it worth watching?
YES, I mean forget the plot, story for a second below you see three major actors. These actors actually look into what they are doing and if they agree to it. If they found this film that entertaining and brilliant to watch I must think then, they know what they are kinda doing then. I mean the cast alone has been in great films and this was before and after the movie. 

So, WHAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. 
This film is utter brilliant, the special effects are from 1999. Near the Matrix era where they really push the boat. But, there's not to much or too little. Tim Allen character even jokes about the spaceship being better then the garage! I mean it's a great comedy a must watch if you are babysitting, with the family and just want to relax. You don't have to think. THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE, this film you don't have to think. 

TIPS IF WATCHING THE FILM?
Try saying like the aliens "NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER" 
My Ranking
Well, the users on IMDB rate this film a 7.3 and I rated this film at a solid 10. I like cheesy films it's just something worth watching. I don't want continuous hard messed up films. This is simple and in short terms a must watch sci-fi comedy. 





Here is the IMDB page on Galaxy Quest:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177789/


SPOILER CLIP: A SMALL CLIP FROM THE FILM AND QUITE FUNNY I THINK. NOTHING MAJOR. JUST FUNNY


No comments:

Post a Comment