Sunday 13 July 2014

What's The Bottom line on Ghostbusters?


Ghostbusters (1984)


Starring: Bill Murray (Groundhog Day), Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers), Sigourney Weaver (Avatar), Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids) and Harold Kamis (Groundhog Day)

Firstly, before I start blogging about this film. Happy 30th Anniversary to Ghostbusters! Check out the 30th Anniversary website and check out some of the awesome artwork for the first Ghostbusters; http://www.ghostbusters30th.com/

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film
I must of been around 6/7 when I saw this film. And, I believe I heard 'Ghostbusters' at a party and I asked someone who sings this. And, at 6/7 the parent said it was a film. So, I decided to watch it. Simple as that really. I knew nothing about the film, what is was about, who was in it. At age of 6/7 I don't really care about the actors name as long it's good am there.
After I watched the film
If you haven't watched this film yet, PLEASE DO. It's been out for 30 years so I know it's easy to get. It has comedy, it has action, it has people that have no idea what they are doing! Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd (whom is also the writer of the Ghostbusters) and Harold Kamis are the Ghostbusters. They bounce of each other, they are witty, they are comical and even in the most serious fight scenes Bill Murray always has a joke there! It's just BRILLIANT! The acting is exciting, the special effects are something I would be expecting to watch in the cinemas now.
Did Ghostbusters do any good after the first film?
WELL, considering there's a sequel to this movie. They were thinking of a third Ghostbusters because Bill Murray has teased one for a long time. There has been cartoon TV series of the film and video games alongside this as well. Plus, short films like Ghostbusters VS Freddy (Freddy Krugear from Nightmare On Elm Street) and The Real Ghostbusters. The short films does not have any of these cast members in the movies. However, there has been comic books, music, books and more that has just come from this movie alone. So, did Ghostbusters do any good after the first film? Heck yeah! All of the cast got a higher status doing the film because it was nominated for a Golden Globe, Acadamey Award, Grammy Awards and Hugo Awards. But won Young Artists Award, Golden Screen, BAFTA Film Award for best song original for the song 'Ghostbusters'. Hey! Least I had good award winning music taste when I was 6!
So, what's the bottom line?
Ghostbusters is a family sci-fi classic, a must watch. The bottom line? It's a great childhood film for me and a must watch for your film knowledge and experience to a cult classic.
Tips if watching the film?
Even if you're not in the mood for watching a comedy/sci-fi adventure, watch it anyway because it will make you laugh regardless of the mood your in.
My rankings
Users on IMDB rated it 7.8, I rate it a solid 10 out of 10 for being one of my childhood films and also just being an awesome to be brought up with.

Ghostbusters (1984) Poster

If you have just discovered this film, here is the IMDB website where the trailer, cast, general information and trivia is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087332/?ref_=nv_sr_6

No comments:

Post a Comment