Friday 11 July 2014

WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE ON HOME ALONE: THE HOLIDAY HEIST

Home Alone: The Holiday Heist (2012)


Starring: Christian Martyn (Gangster), Eddie Steeples (My Name Is Earl) and Jodelle Ferland (The Cabin in the Woods)

First Impressions Before Seeing The Film
Macaulay Culkin Picture Joe Pesci PictureDaniel Stern Picture

My immediate first impression was, I hope Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern (above) come back and do Kevin when he has kids of his own and they try to kidnap them. But, then I looked into the cast.... I was just like oh it's going to be like the past one where he lived in that futuristic house. But, what can they do more of? I saw the title "holiday heist" .... am not being funny but from what I remember of the Home Alone films they were always at Christmas. Home Alone is an amazing childhood family film because it's ALWAYS on at Christmas. So, I was still going in open minded and seeing what on Earth are they going to do. But, Macaulay Culkin, Jor Pesci and Daniel Stern but the standards really high for any other villain to get involved.

After I watched the film
What....did I.....just watch? This isn't really Home Alone as I remember it. It was really really lame. I mean, the pranks that Kevin did in Home Alone 1 and 2 was just imaginative and creative. This one, is very very dumb down. And, I hate using that word 'dumb' because it just shows no effort. This film is one of the worst Home Alone films I have ever seen...EVER! The villains are just too dumb down and you can tell they are really really acting it. But, the middle villain in the image is Malcolm McDowell and he is a brilliant actor. From the cast, Malcolm McDowell has a huge film experience in IMDB people know him from Clockwork Orange. But, watching this I had to think WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?!. I didn't mention him in the cast list, because honestly he deserves better then this film. The pranks, the reason why the burglars want to go in the house is just silly! It's like the goonies style but really lame. And, I mean LAME. I will never ever see this film again and I will never recommend it to anyone because of how badly it is. IMDB users rated it a 4.1 and I rated a 1. A 1! And, that's when I think there's just one thing that made the film and I was just sad I couldn't give it a 0. The acting was amateur, the pranks was far to basic, the script was very poorly written and the main kid 'Kevin' I didn't see the facial reactions like the old Kevin's nor the imagination that the past ones had. 

How much would you change? 
 All of it. My past suggestion would of been an amazing childhood film. See the original Kevin having kids and seeing the older burglars coming out of prison and wanting to kidnap Kevin's kids. This could of gone so many ways! The kids and Kevin plotting, kids plotting without Kevin and making similar pranks that there Dad would of told them. The kids and dad don't get on, so to prove they can handle responsibility capture Kevin's old foes. That's my IDEAL Home Alone if they do another one.
So, what's the bottom line
THIS FILM SHOULD NEVER EVER BEEN MADE. Don't touch something that needs tons of remakes. I know re-casting is difficult. And, I was fine with the past films but THIS FILM was burned and buried in my heart after the first prank on the baddies.
Tips if watching the film?
If you EVER have the displeasure of wanting to watch this film with family members just go sleep. Not even joking.

My rankings: Already said, 1 out of 10. Poorly written, bad Kevin, bad burglars just bad in general not even funny or comical in my opinion of the standard past Home Alone films have made.


Here is the IMDB page and where you can see the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2308733/

No comments:

Post a Comment